As a CA Licensed C-10, Insured and Bonded, Electrical Contractor, we have a distinct advantage over other "solar installers." In fact, many local C-46 solar companies sub-contract with us to handle certain jobs they're not licensed to do - such as service panel installs / upgrades, energy storage systems, generator insllations and other electrical work. We also offer an industry leading 20 YEAR WORKMANSHIP WARRANTY on all roof related and electrical aspects of our services. Our company is on the list of "Factory Certified Installers" for a variety of products, including Panasonic, LG, Enphase and SolarEdge. This, along with our 5 Star Customer Service, is what gives us
The Coastwide Advantage!
Since 2020, California began mandating that all new construction of single-family and multi-family dwellings must include a certain amount of solar based on the overall square footage. As Electrical Contractors, we're able to bid our rough-in and finish electrical services, panel installations, solar installation and battery back-up / energy storage systems, ALL for ONE LOW PACKAGE PRICE. Plus, why deal with multiple contractors when you can have one company who does it all? Yet another example of what gives us The Coastwide Advantage!
Back-up Battery Systems integrated with solar power is not only an amazing new innovation, but a great investment and helps reduce your reliance on PG&E; particularly when the grid goes down. But, as a relatively new technology, it's constantly being improved and numerous software / firmware updates are required over time. Batteries also fail periodically and need to be replaced. We stand by our clients long after the installation is complete and offer continued support just a phone call away. Try seeing how that works out when you call Tesla, (Previously Solar City), or one of the other larger companies when you have a problem...
1. Consultation – We'll meet with you to gather all of the details and relevant information, including electrical bills, to determine current / future energy usage, and present you with our best recommendation for a PV solar system, including roofing analysis, array placement, energy production estimates based on seasonal factors, cost of the proposed system and various payment options specific to your needs.
2. Site Survey with Technician – Measure roof and shading analysis to determine seasonal patterns. Take pictures of house, roof, attic and electrical panel for our design team to begin preparation of plans.
3. Solar Plans – Our design team creates a model in CAD / solar software and creates a full set of permit ready design drawings. Our Project Manager will present them to homeowner for approval and answer any questions or concerns they may have.
4. Permiting – The designs are submitted for approval to the City / County having jurisdiction. This can sometimes take up to 1 to 2 weeks to receive permits. During this phase we’ll also submit the application to PG&E for Net Energy Metering &
Interconnection for Solar to public energy grids.
5. Procure Materials / Set Install Date - We work directly with our distributors to arrange for the delivery of all solar materials right to the job site. Once we have the permit, we'll schedule a date with the homwowner to begin installation.
6. System Install – Our solar team begins installing racking hardware, inverters, modules, conduit, and monitoring equipment – approximate time needed 1 to 2 days – depending on size and complexity of system.
7. Final Inspection – We schedule with your local jurisdiction for the final inspection of the system, have our electricians on site, and make whatever corrections are needed to get the permit signed off and submitted to PG&E.
8. Net Metering Application / Set up System Monitoring /Permission to Operate - We handle all the details of your Interconnection Application with PGE, along with the $150 fee that they charge. We'll also set up and go over the system monitoring with you so you can keep an eye on the production from your own computer, tablet or smart phone. Usually, within a couple of weeks, you will receive notice from the Utility Co. allowing the system to interconnect to their grid. Now is when the REAL SAVINGS begin - you'll start receiving dollar for dollar credits for the energy you give back to PG&E.
Who doesn’t want to save money? With PG&E rates increasing by as much as 5% per year, now is the time to go solar.
No more utility rate increases, no more spikes in electricity rate charges during peak hours. Take back control. Enjoy the independence of owning your own electric power source.
Save over one-fourth of the cost with Federal Incentives good only through Dec. 31, 2022.
How about an annual return of 12% or more in savings you can count on? Plus, up to $50k increase to your property value.
Support creation of great, skilled American jobs in a high growth industry. Your investment in solar energy supports American worker who live in our cities and towns.
Investing in solar energy reduces your carbon footprint which reduces global climate change and directly promotes the use of sustainable energy with no emissions or harmful side effects.
Our commitment to quality, professionalism and customer satisfaction is unmatched. Check out our YELP REVIEWS and see for yourself.
Surprise! A recent study by Lawrence Berkeley Labs clearly shows that your home’s value will increase by more than a rooftop system costs. “Selling into the Sun: Price Premium Analysis of a Multi-State Dataset of Solar Homes” found that a home’s value will increase based on the size of the rooftop solar system at the rate of $4/watt. So for a typical 5,000 watt system that costs $14,800 after the 26% Investment Tax Credit, a home’s value would go up by $20,000. This is a big deal for anyone considering solar as an investment.
But there is one catch: that $4/watt increase value only applies if the system is owned by the homeowner (unsecured and secured loans, as well as PACE loans). However, if there is a third party who owns the system, (the case with leases and PPAs), the $4/watt valuation metric does not apply. It is also important to note that the study is based on home sale data from 2002 to 2013 when the average price of rooftop solar was higher compared to today’s average of $4/watt. Nevertheless, whether new home buyers want solar because of its “green cachet”, monthly savings, environmental benefits, or just poking their local utility in the eye — it's clear that rooftop solar is a fantastic home investment.